Skip to main content

A Week of Firsts

What a fun week we've had! Caden started out the new year with some new experiences and abilities. It's amazing how much fun this is for us as parents! This past week I took Caden out on his sled that he got from Santa. He really seemed to enjoy himself. When we got home I let him touch the snow and watched as his face went from wondering to "what in the world is this!!" and then to "ouch it hurts!". We dried his hand off and moved on.














On the weekend Justin and I took him swimming for the first time. I can't believe we took this long to do it. I am hoping to start taking him more often. He had a blast. He splashed like crazy and smiled at all the other kids. I had to go in the hot tub while we were there of course so we sat him on the edge and right away he turns towards the pool where these kids are and starts crawling!! towards them. He has been military crawling (dragging himself around)and would go up on his knees a bit but this time was the real deal. First time swimming wasn't enough - he wanted to make it a double whammy day!





So, we've covered first sledding outing, first swimsuit and swimming experience and first time actually crawling. Also this week he decided to start clapping and does it mostly when he is really happy or excited (which is quite often) and waves (although we're not completely convinced that that is what he is meaning it for :) ). His wave is the opening and closing of his fingers. What a cutie.

I just had a birthday which is cause to reflect. I realized that I have never felt more content and fulfilled on my birthday as I do this year. I wonder why?




Comments

Sippus said…
Hey just sitting here reading up on Caden's life and got to thinking (I know, sitting, reading and thinking at the same time...sounds dangerous) have you even seen Justin when he gets giddy about something....he dances around and claps his hands too. Just watch next time he thinks he is going to beat Tim on the PS2 he claps like a baby or Caden claps like a grown up...who really knows which it is...it's a vicious circle. Hope you are loving all of both your mens first's....Justins would be beating Tim. Okay so that was trash talk and I have really no idea who wins more often but it sounded tough and Justin can't beat me up from there and it is just the beginning of payback for a picture that should never have made it off your camera. Revenge is a dish best served cold my friend...:)P
Sara
Laurie said…
awww, how fun! And how special really!

I had to laugh at Sara's comment LOL ;)

Happy New Year!
Janet said…
How fun to hear all the new stuff! Its so amazing how fast they learn. The pictures are great, he's looking so big now! You and Amy really should come for a visit before I go back to work. Kellen and Caden would have so much fun crawling and getting into trouble together now.
Anonymous said…
Awesome pictures, so many memories to come! I remember my kids firsts like they were yesterday. Enjoy them. Even the not so good memories. I can't believe how fast life speeds up with kids in them. Thanks for sharing Caden's firsts. Crystal
Erica said…
What a cutie!

Popular posts from this blog

They are here. They are really really here!!!

It was a cool day. Almost too cold. The kind of cold that makes you rethink your very existence.... Boy. I am waaaay to tired for that. So I will give you the un-dramatic version. So, we are getting bombarded with requests for an update and pictures. So I will oblige and provide you with all the gory details. Actually, there are no gory details. In what can only be described as an amazing answer to many prayers, the new Mooney babies were brought into this world with no problems what so ever. We entered the hospital at 10:00 in the morning and were taken to the surgery room around 12:00 noon. At exactly 12:38, the first baby, Dylan Michael was born weighing in at 6 pounds even. Then, also at 12:38, Evan Timothy also charged into the world weighing in at 5.2 pounds. Then, at 12:39 Liam David was born weighing 4.8 pounds. For those of you good at math, that is a whopping 16 pounds worth of babies. 16 POUNDS!!! And even though them just being born at 36 weeks and 5 days isn

And the final answer is....

Well, thank you all for your guesses. I found them interesting. I had one person guess 4 babies. I don't let him come to our blog anymore. Well, after 5 months of waiting, we have had the ultrasound and we now know what the gender is for each of the wee little gaffers. If you want to see, click the link below. The link should open up a new window so don't be scared. Click Here To See What We Are Having Now that is done, here are my thoughts. WARNING SPOILER BELOW. I am going to hide the text so as to not give anything away to those who do not want to know. If you want to see the text, you need to highlight it. For those of you who don't know how to do this, I recommend you just turn off your computer and find another hobby. Computer's aren't for you. Click and hold Mouse button here then drag your mouse to the end of the post. Congratulations on finding the secret message. So, we found out what they are at the "OH CRAP" Clinic on Thursday. We now c

The 2 Week Wait is Over

The waiting is finally over. Today was the day - after 2 long weeks of waiting - that I went for my official pregnancy test at the dr.'s office. I had done a couple of Home Pregnancy Tests so I pretty much knew what to expect. I have been praying constantly, as have many of you out there (thank you so much for that). Well, God heard all of us and we are happy to report that the test came back positive. We are really happy but also very cautious . It was only 5 months ago today that we lost our pregnancy at 5 1/2 weeks. We are going to just continue praying that God will watch over this pregnancy and that a healthy baby will be born. We give Thanks to God !