Skip to main content

Lately

Caden turned 11 months this week. He marked the occasion by walking across the living room unsupported. He also marked this week by being up too much in the night. He was up from 130 - 5 am on sunday night and for an hour around 3 am monday and tuesday night. Then last night he was up at 12, 2, 3 and 5. So if this blog has spelling mistakes, makes no sense at all or is suddenly interesting - you'll know why!
Yesterday was my first huge scare with Caden. Sometimes when we are out shopping I will lay him down in the cart so that he can have his bottle (he still hasn't figured out how to drink sitting up). Well, I learned a hard lesson because I turned around and in 2 seconds he had discarded his bottle, stood up and somehow ended up on the floor in Home Depot. I was terrified to say the least. He cried a whole bunch and was then fine and has been fine now for 16 hours. I have no idea how he managed to do that or how he landed in a way that he has not a single mark on his body, particularly his head. It's amazing and I could cry with relief. Good thing social services wasn't in that aisle at the time!! Geepers.
Other news - I have a new addiction. It's a sweet sweet addiction that makes me cry, makes me laugh, makes me smile and makes me realize how much stuff I don't know :). The best part is that I get to indulge in this addiction with a friend. That always makes it that much more enjoyable !! I hate to admit that it is a television show. Amy and I have been watching Gilmore Girls. We've been having viewing marathons because I got the DVD's from the library and only have them for 10 days and Amy is going to be gone 5 of those days. I wish I could tell you that I have been extremely productive and have been volunteering my time helping puppies or picking up litter. But no - I have selfishly been soaking up the verbal banter of Lorelai and Rory.
It's been nice to have them for company too because Justin has been working 12 hour days and we are lonely for him. Hopefully he will be able to relax for a bit on this long weekend. We'll see!
Happy Easter Weekend Everyone.

Comments

Anonymous said…
No worries Jen (easier said than done, I know!) I know how you feel though. Been there, same sort of situation, different location. I think your addiction is funny, Amy was here with Andrea yesterday and told me about it. Funny!!
See you next weekend!
Anonymous said…
That sucks that Caden isn't sleeping. Hopefully he catches on that when it is dark it is bed time.
Also he really is a monkey. I can't believe he jumped out of the cart at HD. I really do think he is Stewie....HAHA. I would have been scared as well.
Hope that you are not feeling too tired. Have a good weekend
LOrraine
Craig,Leah,Lena said…
Addicted! oh my goodness! ...i wish i was there to watch with you girls...
can't imagine how active caden is! must be hard to keep an eye on him all the time. if the Gilmore Girls can't keep you on your toes, you can always rely on your son!
happy Easter! (they don't celebrate it here - sucks!)
Anonymous said…
Ahhhh the moments we experience with children! Just when you think you have your children's schedules figured out they go and mix it up. It's part of there growing up, teething & growth spirts. Hang in there! As far as the incident at Home Depot... don't be hard on yourself; I know it's hard. If it will make you feel any better... When Bryson was 7 days old, he slept in a basanet(sp?) by the bed. He woke up & wanted to be fed. We had a bad night with Brooke & so Paul wasn't getting his sleep and had to go to work the next morning. I decided to take Bryson downstairs to nurse. I picked him up and held him in one arm over my shoulder. In the other arm I was reaching for my glasses (so I wouldn't fall down the stairs) Bryson was very strong in the neck already at that time. He decided he was going to straighten out, I couldn't support his neck and he swung right out of my arms and fell. Thankfully he landed back into the bassenet but still....I was so upset, I thought he would have brain damage and social services would be knocking on my door! It doesn't ever feel good when your actions end up innocently hurting your child.
There... does that make you feel any better? Hope so. Haven't told too many people that story before!
Anyway... Happy Easter.
Laurie said…
Yep, I too, had a child fall onto a hard store floor! You feel like a horrible mom and you know that others around you are thinking you are crazy! Emily, when she was about 3, was in the superstore cart at the bottom. We stopped to look at something, she stood up just as I was about to push the cart away, and bam right on the hard floor. Poor kid!

Your addiction :) I have similar addictions.....not the same show.....but I can understand! :)
Craig,Leah,Lena said…
Looking forward to seeing some pics of Caden on his first Easter egg hunt!

Popular posts from this blog

They are here. They are really really here!!!

It was a cool day. Almost too cold. The kind of cold that makes you rethink your very existence.... Boy. I am waaaay to tired for that. So I will give you the un-dramatic version. So, we are getting bombarded with requests for an update and pictures. So I will oblige and provide you with all the gory details. Actually, there are no gory details. In what can only be described as an amazing answer to many prayers, the new Mooney babies were brought into this world with no problems what so ever. We entered the hospital at 10:00 in the morning and were taken to the surgery room around 12:00 noon. At exactly 12:38, the first baby, Dylan Michael was born weighing in at 6 pounds even. Then, also at 12:38, Evan Timothy also charged into the world weighing in at 5.2 pounds. Then, at 12:39 Liam David was born weighing 4.8 pounds. For those of you good at math, that is a whopping 16 pounds worth of babies. 16 POUNDS!!! And even though them just being born at 36 weeks and 5 days isn

And the final answer is....

Well, thank you all for your guesses. I found them interesting. I had one person guess 4 babies. I don't let him come to our blog anymore. Well, after 5 months of waiting, we have had the ultrasound and we now know what the gender is for each of the wee little gaffers. If you want to see, click the link below. The link should open up a new window so don't be scared. Click Here To See What We Are Having Now that is done, here are my thoughts. WARNING SPOILER BELOW. I am going to hide the text so as to not give anything away to those who do not want to know. If you want to see the text, you need to highlight it. For those of you who don't know how to do this, I recommend you just turn off your computer and find another hobby. Computer's aren't for you. Click and hold Mouse button here then drag your mouse to the end of the post. Congratulations on finding the secret message. So, we found out what they are at the "OH CRAP" Clinic on Thursday. We now c

The 2 Week Wait is Over

The waiting is finally over. Today was the day - after 2 long weeks of waiting - that I went for my official pregnancy test at the dr.'s office. I had done a couple of Home Pregnancy Tests so I pretty much knew what to expect. I have been praying constantly, as have many of you out there (thank you so much for that). Well, God heard all of us and we are happy to report that the test came back positive. We are really happy but also very cautious . It was only 5 months ago today that we lost our pregnancy at 5 1/2 weeks. We are going to just continue praying that God will watch over this pregnancy and that a healthy baby will be born. We give Thanks to God !