Skip to main content

The Roller Coaster


So I was thinking about roller coasters yesterday. I'm not a big ride person. I just don't have the need for the adrenaline rush. Not one of those people. Unfortunately life in the infertility world is a roller coaster. Every book, article and blog I've read uses this term. You live for good news, sometimes get disappointing news. The highs and lows can be quite extreme too. Well, we are once again on the roller coaster. Yesterday was an "up" day because we got the call from the clinic in Calgary to say we can start another 'treatment'. This is exceptionally welcome news because there is a 2-3 month wait and it's only been one month. YAY. I had just about given up getting a call this month. Now I just wait for my box of prescriptions to show up at my door. I start taking stuff on Sept. 1st and go for the embryo transfer the first week of Oct. What that means for my life for the next month and a half is hormonal mood swings (ups and downs in and of itself) and remembering to take different medications at up to 5 and 7 different times a day. It also means wondering if I'll have a baby by this time next year. It means trying to think positively even though the transfer has failed the past two times we tried it. It means dreading the actual transfer (not the most fun experience in the world). Oh - and trying to 'relax' :) HA HA. It means trying not to think about when the baby's due date would be. (Oct. 15th was the due date for the first attempt).


Well, I'm strapped in and ready for the ride to start. Here we go.......................


Any prayers that can be made on our behalf would be greatly appreciated. Caden was very much prayed for and we believe that he is a gift from God.

Comments

Craig,Leah,Lena said…
wow Jen. your honesty is great. we will be thinking of you guys lots over the next little while. Hang in there! you have some great guys to keep you company on the ride. We're praying for everything to work out for you!
Unknown said…
thats great news.....I think 3's a charm for sure!!! I will dfinately be thinking of you guys, and praying that you will be blessed with a new addition to the family for sure!!!
I love you guys, and miss you all very much!!!
Nicola said…
Thanks for letting us know so we can be thinking and praying for you starting now! AND we get to see you out here again!! James and I (and Maggie too) will be out there before then though.
Sippus said…
Just read the blog and are really excited for you...how wonderful to only have to wait a month. You know we are praying for you and the months ahead. What a blessing this can be for you.
Aisling said…
Though we didn't get to IVF, we know all about the rollercoaster ride. Our prayers are with you guys.

Popular posts from this blog

They are here. They are really really here!!!

It was a cool day. Almost too cold. The kind of cold that makes you rethink your very existence.... Boy. I am waaaay to tired for that. So I will give you the un-dramatic version. So, we are getting bombarded with requests for an update and pictures. So I will oblige and provide you with all the gory details. Actually, there are no gory details. In what can only be described as an amazing answer to many prayers, the new Mooney babies were brought into this world with no problems what so ever. We entered the hospital at 10:00 in the morning and were taken to the surgery room around 12:00 noon. At exactly 12:38, the first baby, Dylan Michael was born weighing in at 6 pounds even. Then, also at 12:38, Evan Timothy also charged into the world weighing in at 5.2 pounds. Then, at 12:39 Liam David was born weighing 4.8 pounds. For those of you good at math, that is a whopping 16 pounds worth of babies. 16 POUNDS!!! And even though them just being born at 36 weeks and 5 days isn

And the final answer is....

Well, thank you all for your guesses. I found them interesting. I had one person guess 4 babies. I don't let him come to our blog anymore. Well, after 5 months of waiting, we have had the ultrasound and we now know what the gender is for each of the wee little gaffers. If you want to see, click the link below. The link should open up a new window so don't be scared. Click Here To See What We Are Having Now that is done, here are my thoughts. WARNING SPOILER BELOW. I am going to hide the text so as to not give anything away to those who do not want to know. If you want to see the text, you need to highlight it. For those of you who don't know how to do this, I recommend you just turn off your computer and find another hobby. Computer's aren't for you. Click and hold Mouse button here then drag your mouse to the end of the post. Congratulations on finding the secret message. So, we found out what they are at the "OH CRAP" Clinic on Thursday. We now c

The 2 Week Wait is Over

The waiting is finally over. Today was the day - after 2 long weeks of waiting - that I went for my official pregnancy test at the dr.'s office. I had done a couple of Home Pregnancy Tests so I pretty much knew what to expect. I have been praying constantly, as have many of you out there (thank you so much for that). Well, God heard all of us and we are happy to report that the test came back positive. We are really happy but also very cautious . It was only 5 months ago today that we lost our pregnancy at 5 1/2 weeks. We are going to just continue praying that God will watch over this pregnancy and that a healthy baby will be born. We give Thanks to God !