Skip to main content

A New Year - Looking Back and Looking Ahead

So, it's 2008. Thank goodness because 2007 just kept getting worse and worse for us. It was a tough year - that's no secret. But the cliche's are true - what doesn't kill you does make you stronger. I think back to the person I was at this time last year. We had an 8 month old that we had waited almost a decade for and I was thinking that our curse was broken and surely we wouldn't endure the same kind of pain we had in waiting for him, in waiting for the next child(ren). How could I have known that we would experience more pain, not to mention a whole new kind of pain. I haven't forgotten the joys that we have experienced though too. Watching Caden grow was and is a daily reminder of how much God loves our family and how He has given us such a precious gift. It still boggles my mind. I had been almost settled that we would never parent, never hold our own baby in our arms. And here he is !! But you all know that story.

God had alot more to teach us this past year though. I had no idea what was coming. It was a storm for my spirit, if that makes sense. I think I've gotten through the worst of that particular storm but have no idea if there is another one waiting around the corner. When the hardest time was here we had to choose how to respond. I did and still do fight against bitterness and frustration, hopelessness and confusion; The whole "this isn't fair" mentality. But I can't help but remind myself that I deserve nothing! None of us does. Each and every thing we have is a blessing that has been given to us and may be lost some day. I have no right to expect anything. That is what I have been learning. I have also been taught a harsh lesson on control - as in - I have none and the sooner I accept that and let go the better off I'll be. In all of these hard times God has been calling to me and I am feeling that as I start this new year. He wants me to lean on Him and to trust in Him. Only He knows what my life has in store and no matter what - it will all work out for good - HIS GOOD (not necessarily mine!). My New year's Resolution (if you want to call it that - it started a couple of months ago) is to lean on God more. That is what I hope to do - especially as we still await His answer to our prayers about adding to our family. But in more ways that just that. I want to Hear Him. I haven't been listening quietly enough for a long long time. He has plans for my life and I really want to be led by Him towards that. It'll all turn out so much better if I quit trying to make it go MY way and let it go His way - the oh so much better way.

I wonder what I'll be thinking about a year from now?...................

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

They are here. They are really really here!!!

It was a cool day. Almost too cold. The kind of cold that makes you rethink your very existence.... Boy. I am waaaay to tired for that. So I will give you the un-dramatic version. So, we are getting bombarded with requests for an update and pictures. So I will oblige and provide you with all the gory details. Actually, there are no gory details. In what can only be described as an amazing answer to many prayers, the new Mooney babies were brought into this world with no problems what so ever. We entered the hospital at 10:00 in the morning and were taken to the surgery room around 12:00 noon. At exactly 12:38, the first baby, Dylan Michael was born weighing in at 6 pounds even. Then, also at 12:38, Evan Timothy also charged into the world weighing in at 5.2 pounds. Then, at 12:39 Liam David was born weighing 4.8 pounds. For those of you good at math, that is a whopping 16 pounds worth of babies. 16 POUNDS!!! And even though them just being born at 36 weeks and 5 days isn

And the final answer is....

Well, thank you all for your guesses. I found them interesting. I had one person guess 4 babies. I don't let him come to our blog anymore. Well, after 5 months of waiting, we have had the ultrasound and we now know what the gender is for each of the wee little gaffers. If you want to see, click the link below. The link should open up a new window so don't be scared. Click Here To See What We Are Having Now that is done, here are my thoughts. WARNING SPOILER BELOW. I am going to hide the text so as to not give anything away to those who do not want to know. If you want to see the text, you need to highlight it. For those of you who don't know how to do this, I recommend you just turn off your computer and find another hobby. Computer's aren't for you. Click and hold Mouse button here then drag your mouse to the end of the post. Congratulations on finding the secret message. So, we found out what they are at the "OH CRAP" Clinic on Thursday. We now c

The 2 Week Wait is Over

The waiting is finally over. Today was the day - after 2 long weeks of waiting - that I went for my official pregnancy test at the dr.'s office. I had done a couple of Home Pregnancy Tests so I pretty much knew what to expect. I have been praying constantly, as have many of you out there (thank you so much for that). Well, God heard all of us and we are happy to report that the test came back positive. We are really happy but also very cautious . It was only 5 months ago today that we lost our pregnancy at 5 1/2 weeks. We are going to just continue praying that God will watch over this pregnancy and that a healthy baby will be born. We give Thanks to God !