Skip to main content

Good Nights and Bad Nights

I'm afraid that this is yet another post about sleep. That is the 'top story' of our lives these days. And as the title says, we've had good nights and bad nights. Monday night went like this:

Kids to bed by 930. Evan and Dylan took turns waking up at 1230, 130,230,330,4,430,5 and then Caden at 630. It was AWFUL. I was up all night. Oh - and Liam, once again, slept from 930 - 730.

Last night, nobody woke up until 510. That was Dylan and Evan. I fed them and they were back asleep by 530. Caden got up at 7 and the babies are all still asleep (8am) - yep - even Liam. He's at a straight 10.5 hrs so far.... I keep checking to see if he is still breathing. He is, apparantly, just a really good sleeper. YAY!

So, I feel pretty good today. I went to bed at 10 and therefore had 7 straight hours of sleep plus another 1.5 after that. Not too bad!

In other news...
- we had a really fun time with Trinda and the Pippus' this past weekend.
- triplets clearly are not keeping us busy enough because we tore out our kitchen wall over the past few days. I LOVE the openness and will post pictures soon.
- Caden went to gymnastics last night. He is listening better and better and still really loves to go
- the babies are starting to get really fussy in the evenings, enough so that it is hard to be alone with all 4 kids. They seem to only settle down when being held, which, obviously, isn't going to work very well when there are 3 of them. Hopefully that won't always be the case but it has been over the past few days.
- my very good friend and cousin is having her third baby and we are SO excited!!
- I need to get some housework done! See ya!

Comments

Anonymous said…
You did what now????? Tore out your kitchen wall????? Are you guys crazy??????

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU??????? :)

Yikes! I think I would be putting up walls (padded ones preferably) - not taking them down. You guys are something - not sure what - but something. :)

Looking forward to seeing the pictures of it. I am sure it changes the look of the whole place.
Jen Mooney said…
It's a little crazy but I need to be able to see into one room from the other. that's all there is to it! We are leaving a half wall for part of it so we won't be totally wall-less! Plus - we had the renovating bug but needed something that would be almost free to do. This was it!
Anonymous said…
How old are the boys? I wonder if it is a growth spurt. Malcom addn Lachlan did something similar Sunday night, I was pretty much up all night with the exception of a few 30 minute cat naps. Then Monday night they slept from 8:30 til 6 am. So I decided they can stay for another week. LOL
Anonymous said…
Holy Cow, I can't believe you are taking down a wall in all of this chaos of your life. You guys are bionic!!! I'm sure you will like the change. Now you just need to convince Tim that it's a good idea for his house too!!! Sara has been trying to get him to do it for ever.... maybe the challenge is on now. You can do it in your chaos, surely Tim can do it for his Loving wife!!! HAHAHA! It was nice seeing the crying baby picture as well. What memories you are capturing, that's awesome! Take Care & praying for more sleep for ya! CQ

Popular posts from this blog

They are here. They are really really here!!!

It was a cool day. Almost too cold. The kind of cold that makes you rethink your very existence.... Boy. I am waaaay to tired for that. So I will give you the un-dramatic version. So, we are getting bombarded with requests for an update and pictures. So I will oblige and provide you with all the gory details. Actually, there are no gory details. In what can only be described as an amazing answer to many prayers, the new Mooney babies were brought into this world with no problems what so ever. We entered the hospital at 10:00 in the morning and were taken to the surgery room around 12:00 noon. At exactly 12:38, the first baby, Dylan Michael was born weighing in at 6 pounds even. Then, also at 12:38, Evan Timothy also charged into the world weighing in at 5.2 pounds. Then, at 12:39 Liam David was born weighing 4.8 pounds. For those of you good at math, that is a whopping 16 pounds worth of babies. 16 POUNDS!!! And even though them just being born at 36 weeks and 5 days isn

And the final answer is....

Well, thank you all for your guesses. I found them interesting. I had one person guess 4 babies. I don't let him come to our blog anymore. Well, after 5 months of waiting, we have had the ultrasound and we now know what the gender is for each of the wee little gaffers. If you want to see, click the link below. The link should open up a new window so don't be scared. Click Here To See What We Are Having Now that is done, here are my thoughts. WARNING SPOILER BELOW. I am going to hide the text so as to not give anything away to those who do not want to know. If you want to see the text, you need to highlight it. For those of you who don't know how to do this, I recommend you just turn off your computer and find another hobby. Computer's aren't for you. Click and hold Mouse button here then drag your mouse to the end of the post. Congratulations on finding the secret message. So, we found out what they are at the "OH CRAP" Clinic on Thursday. We now c

The 2 Week Wait is Over

The waiting is finally over. Today was the day - after 2 long weeks of waiting - that I went for my official pregnancy test at the dr.'s office. I had done a couple of Home Pregnancy Tests so I pretty much knew what to expect. I have been praying constantly, as have many of you out there (thank you so much for that). Well, God heard all of us and we are happy to report that the test came back positive. We are really happy but also very cautious . It was only 5 months ago today that we lost our pregnancy at 5 1/2 weeks. We are going to just continue praying that God will watch over this pregnancy and that a healthy baby will be born. We give Thanks to God !