Skip to main content

Overwhelmed

Yep - I knew the day would come and boy did it come. Only it was night. You know what I mean. This has not been a 'good week' by most peoples standards. Caden, Dylan, Liam and Justin have all been sick with a cough and runny nose that just won't go away. Dylan, Liam and Justin and I haven't had a good sleep in days. The babies are particularly fussy lately, especially in the evenings. Caden is acting out because he hasn't been out of the house in almost 2 weeks (I am going to remedy that this weekend). The babies were up every 10-20 minutes last night. At about 4, when I could barely function, let alone take care of sick babies, I had this feeling of desperation and fear. It was a feeling of 'We can't do this, what was I thinking to think we can do this? - We need help - we'll never make it'. It was ridiculous and rather pathetic but so real at that moment. Satan has a real advantage with the exhausted. Yikes.


I am more grateful than you can know (well, some of you know me well enough to know) that the sun is shining through the window onto my back right now. AHH, the sunshine. There is nothing like a little sunshine to raise a persons spirits. I know God will take care of us and even last night I remember thinking "it'll all feel better in the morning when it is light" plus - my boys aren't going to be sick forever. It has just
felt like forever.



It doesn't hurt that I am having a peaceful moment right now. Caden and Dylan and Evan are all content here in the living room. Liam and Justin are sleeping. It's just kind of calm and quiet. A moment I will treasure today!



I will ask that you throw a couple of prayers up for us. We'd really like God's help in healing this cold at our house and I've been asking Him to help me be more patient and to keep looking Up and to keep a positive outlook.



Ok - I'm going to go enjoy my babies smiles now. :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
We continually keep you in our thoughts. I can't even begin to imagine your exhaustion and can only imagine your overwhelming feelings! All I can tell you is to take one day at a time and if all you do is take care of your boys and nothing else gets done, that's alright! It doesn't hurt to ask for help too. I know you've got an amazing network of friends in Regina! Lean on them at this time, even if it's only for a few hours, I'm sure it will make a HUGE difference. Take Care, CQ
Jen (& Justin), you know we know exactly what you are going through right now and I feel your exhaustion. But yes, it will end and sooner than you think.

It was remembering all the good days and knowing the amazing days that were to come that helped us through the rough days.

As Crystal said, you have a great network to lean on where you are, but you know you can lean on us any time. Not everything about our triplet parenthood will be the same, but certainly similar. You guys are in our thoughts & prayers daily.

Aisling (& Steve)
Anonymous said…
I only have twin babies but I have felt your pain. And this is my verse, every single day:

"Yet this I call to mind, and therefore, I have HOPE, because of the Lord's GREAT LOVE we are NOT consumed, for his compassions NEVER fail. They are new every morning. Great is your faithfulness oh God."

I will be praying....
Anonymous said…
You knew this day would come and you know it will pass.

I can remember feeling that way one baby at a time.

You guys are doing fantastic. I will pray of course.

Sending you our love.

A and T
Anonymous said…
A prayer for you to love yourself as God loves you. You are a wonderful Mom & I am so glad you had a chance to spend time at Ladies Retreat - a pick-me-up for your soul. Long days, short years ... & remember, this too shall pass!! That kept me going through my bleak mommy nights (and some days).
Love, Brenda Coghlin

Popular posts from this blog

They are here. They are really really here!!!

It was a cool day. Almost too cold. The kind of cold that makes you rethink your very existence.... Boy. I am waaaay to tired for that. So I will give you the un-dramatic version. So, we are getting bombarded with requests for an update and pictures. So I will oblige and provide you with all the gory details. Actually, there are no gory details. In what can only be described as an amazing answer to many prayers, the new Mooney babies were brought into this world with no problems what so ever. We entered the hospital at 10:00 in the morning and were taken to the surgery room around 12:00 noon. At exactly 12:38, the first baby, Dylan Michael was born weighing in at 6 pounds even. Then, also at 12:38, Evan Timothy also charged into the world weighing in at 5.2 pounds. Then, at 12:39 Liam David was born weighing 4.8 pounds. For those of you good at math, that is a whopping 16 pounds worth of babies. 16 POUNDS!!! And even though them just being born at 36 weeks and 5 days isn

And the final answer is....

Well, thank you all for your guesses. I found them interesting. I had one person guess 4 babies. I don't let him come to our blog anymore. Well, after 5 months of waiting, we have had the ultrasound and we now know what the gender is for each of the wee little gaffers. If you want to see, click the link below. The link should open up a new window so don't be scared. Click Here To See What We Are Having Now that is done, here are my thoughts. WARNING SPOILER BELOW. I am going to hide the text so as to not give anything away to those who do not want to know. If you want to see the text, you need to highlight it. For those of you who don't know how to do this, I recommend you just turn off your computer and find another hobby. Computer's aren't for you. Click and hold Mouse button here then drag your mouse to the end of the post. Congratulations on finding the secret message. So, we found out what they are at the "OH CRAP" Clinic on Thursday. We now c

The 2 Week Wait is Over

The waiting is finally over. Today was the day - after 2 long weeks of waiting - that I went for my official pregnancy test at the dr.'s office. I had done a couple of Home Pregnancy Tests so I pretty much knew what to expect. I have been praying constantly, as have many of you out there (thank you so much for that). Well, God heard all of us and we are happy to report that the test came back positive. We are really happy but also very cautious . It was only 5 months ago today that we lost our pregnancy at 5 1/2 weeks. We are going to just continue praying that God will watch over this pregnancy and that a healthy baby will be born. We give Thanks to God !