Skip to main content

Family Time

Time is really flying by for me these days and time on the computer is dwindling all the time! Things are going well. The kids are sleeping somewhat better now. There is still usually one that needs a soother by 530 or so, or even a bottle but we often make it past 7 before having to actually get up for the day.

We had a great thanksgiving. Took in a bit of the lectureship stuff at Western and just enjoyed spending time with the Pippus' and having a turkey dinner.

The babies are sneaking up on their one year birthday (Nov.3). Dylan walked yesterday. I call it walked b/c he took about 5 or 6 steps to get from the coffee table to the tv stand. And he just stood up and decided to do it. At the same time he is getting some teeth and it seems to really be bothering him. He has red cheeks and wakes up crying some in the night. Liam is getting another tooth too, just barely. Dylan now says "Hi" and "Uh - oh". Liam says "uh -oh" too. Evan still just laughs at us when we say words to him. He thinks it's funny. Evan is doing much better with the pulling up thing now. Still not ready to completely just stand on his own but he's working on it. And he's been our worst sleeper most of the time but last night he slept thru from 830 to 730. Yay Evan! I think it's because we rearranged and tidied his room. I think he must be like me and just can't relax in a messy environment, what do you think ;)

And all the kids interact all the time and make each other laugh or they play peek-a-boo with each other. It's adorable. They also steal toys, bottles and soothers from each other and smack each other in the face but hey, they're boys. Caden likes playing with them a lot more now too. They laugh at him and sort of play along (at least he thinks they are).


Caden went to a birthday party yesterday and is doing more and more things on his own. He never gets homesick for us. I'm so grateful for that. He loves to do things and go places. We went to the science center on saturday. Before that all 6 of us went out for a nice long walk. It was such a beautiful day.

I just can't get over how much I enjoy being a family and doing things together. And it's going to get better and better as they get older and we can do more. I miss things like swimming and just wandering around the mall or something. I can't do that with all these little ones like I could with just Caden or even with just Caden and a baby. Justin and I aren't even comfortable taking the kids swimming by ourselves. That's really too bad for them... But we do what we can and we just have fun at home too.

Every once in a while I'm still overwhelmed with how it all worked out. I wish I could go back to the me who didn't know what was going to happen and reassure her that it really was going to turn out wonderfully. I really get to make a jack o lantern with my kids and do all those fabulously cheesy family things. I love it! And I get to hug and kiss these beautiful little people that God gave us. It's amazing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

They are here. They are really really here!!!

It was a cool day. Almost too cold. The kind of cold that makes you rethink your very existence.... Boy. I am waaaay to tired for that. So I will give you the un-dramatic version. So, we are getting bombarded with requests for an update and pictures. So I will oblige and provide you with all the gory details. Actually, there are no gory details. In what can only be described as an amazing answer to many prayers, the new Mooney babies were brought into this world with no problems what so ever. We entered the hospital at 10:00 in the morning and were taken to the surgery room around 12:00 noon. At exactly 12:38, the first baby, Dylan Michael was born weighing in at 6 pounds even. Then, also at 12:38, Evan Timothy also charged into the world weighing in at 5.2 pounds. Then, at 12:39 Liam David was born weighing 4.8 pounds. For those of you good at math, that is a whopping 16 pounds worth of babies. 16 POUNDS!!! And even though them just being born at 36 weeks and 5 days isn

And the final answer is....

Well, thank you all for your guesses. I found them interesting. I had one person guess 4 babies. I don't let him come to our blog anymore. Well, after 5 months of waiting, we have had the ultrasound and we now know what the gender is for each of the wee little gaffers. If you want to see, click the link below. The link should open up a new window so don't be scared. Click Here To See What We Are Having Now that is done, here are my thoughts. WARNING SPOILER BELOW. I am going to hide the text so as to not give anything away to those who do not want to know. If you want to see the text, you need to highlight it. For those of you who don't know how to do this, I recommend you just turn off your computer and find another hobby. Computer's aren't for you. Click and hold Mouse button here then drag your mouse to the end of the post. Congratulations on finding the secret message. So, we found out what they are at the "OH CRAP" Clinic on Thursday. We now c

The 2 Week Wait is Over

The waiting is finally over. Today was the day - after 2 long weeks of waiting - that I went for my official pregnancy test at the dr.'s office. I had done a couple of Home Pregnancy Tests so I pretty much knew what to expect. I have been praying constantly, as have many of you out there (thank you so much for that). Well, God heard all of us and we are happy to report that the test came back positive. We are really happy but also very cautious . It was only 5 months ago today that we lost our pregnancy at 5 1/2 weeks. We are going to just continue praying that God will watch over this pregnancy and that a healthy baby will be born. We give Thanks to God !