Skip to main content

Finally - some pictures....

First of all, here is what it looks like to try and do stuff in the kitchen when the kids are awake:

This is loading the dishwasher...

and opening the fridge. You sort of slide a kid to the
side with your foot to open and close it :)


and, yes, Dylan has a black eye. He fell against a toy.
Makes him look tough dontchya think?

Another new development is the moms and tots group that meets at my house now. This picture doesn't have all the kids in it. They don't all fit in one picture :). We meet once a week and so far I think it's tonnes of fun. It's just so nice for us all to get together. Caden was watching out the window for people to come for about 45 minutes before they came. He was pretty excited.

Evan and his new friend Cole. I have to watch my boys b/c they will just bowl everyone else's baby over if I'm not careful. They are used to it but those other babies must be wondering what is going on!
Some of the littler ones crashed on the floor. We have our triplets and also a set of twins that come. A boy and a girl.
A few of the bigger kids playing on the computer. Caden loves having Michael and McKenna and Elijah over. They're his buddies!
Here are a few shots of Dylan. He's our go-er and what a cutie. He just loves life and wants to try it all. He gets frustrated because he just can't do everything at once. He sleeps hard and plays hard!

He also loves to learn new things. He puts the ball into the toy and watches it roll through. This is one of his favorite toys right now.

He also loves to use his walker. He cruises pretty good.


If you look close you can see that there is someone (Craig) outside knocking on the window. The kids were enthralled. It's a little like when you go to the zoo. I need to post - no banging the glass and don't feed the animals! :) They have lots of fun with Craig and Leah.
Little Liam. He's super lovable without really trying. He's just little and sweet and dainty and cute. He loves to cuddle and clap and yell. He's actually our most vocal and loves to screech. He mimics a lot right now too. He's gotten his two top teeth now so that's 4 for him and 2 each for the others.



This is probably Liam's favorite thing to do. He gets the biggest smile. The center on this stays put while the outside goes around in circles when they walk. Liam just walks around and around and around. Even stepping on his brothers if they happen to crawl into his path. I have to watch though, if they push on the wrong side it just topples right over.





Evan and Caden
Caden loves his brothers but doesn't like it when they wreck his train table or steal his toys. Although Caden does some toy stealing himself. He thinks some of their toys are pretty neat too!
Caden is really into his preschool and gymnastics this fall. He loves having friends over and is pretty bored when we don't have company. His favorite things to do are to watch his 'shows' and play on the computer. Poor kid has a mom that is not too into those things so he feels pretty lucky when he gets to do it! I have to admit that I decide when tv time or game time will be based on when I want the peace and quiet. He has a great imagination and is in touch with his feelings and I hear all about it. He talks pretty much steady all day. He's very loving though and not super rough. He's learning a lot about social skills and learning to listen better to his teachers. He had a sleepover at Elijahs the other day. His first non family sleep over. He loved it and didn't miss me a bit! Went right to sleep but then got them up early the next morning. Sorry about that guys! :)



Evan, my quiet, smiley guy. He is so sweet. He always returns a smile with a huge smile and comes straight to me when I come into the room. He still does his belly flop crawl but he's working on getting onto his knees. He is trying so hard to pull up on things but just can't seem to get his feet under him to push up. I'm sure he's fine but you know how it is.... moms worry. Dylan and Liam are close to walking and Evie doesn't pull up? He's also a long way from standing on his own. Just doesn't seem to have the leg strength.

He just loves to play on his own. He'll just wander off to Caden's room or somewhere quiet and play. He likes his alone time. He's pretty snuggly too. More content holding still than the other two. He'll just sit with you and hang out. Every once in a while though, he'll be the one screaming and laughing. Caden loves to make all the babies laugh but does it the most with Evan. It's adorable.



Life with these guys is full and busy and some days I wake up feeling like I will never get through the day. I would never change this though. I know it's a stage that won't last forever and I'll probably forget how tiring and challenging this part was. I just hope I don't forget what it felt like to hold them and see them smile their baby smiles. They are so cute!! I had also worried that I wouldn't get to fully appreciate Caden's stage but we get a lot more time together than I expected. He's doing well and it's just feeling more and more like life as a family. I hope that makes sense. I think for a long time, that it felt like climbing a mountain. You just keep going and hope you survive :)

One more fun thing - I take Caden to gymnastics every week and I bring a different baby with me (that must make the others wonder :) ). I spend that hour watching Caden and just playing in the play area with my one little guy. It's such a nice time. And this time I had brought Dylan with us and we went to Walmart after. That is a real novelty. Except for once in Minot, my babies have never been to Walmart. They are just shy of 11 months. That's unheard of for a baby! :). We had a blast. Dylan loved being in the cart (also a first for him) and looking around. I got a glimpse of what 'normal' is like for people with a preschooler and a baby. Be glad you can get out people! It's more fun than you think!!

Dylan and Liam sleep really well. They will occasionally need a soother in the night but not often. They will have bottles by 5 or 6. Dylan slept til 9 this morning, except for having a bottle at 530ish. Liam slept straight until 6 which is fantastic in this house. Evan though, he's still up a few times. Not sure why.... What makes this frustrating though is that if all three of them wake up once and Caden has to pee in the night - we're up most of the night. Ya know?.... not much longer though hopefully.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great pictures! You have the happiest little boys... even if it seems you're not getting much rest, you're obviously rubbing off on them with your positive attitude... they're adorable!

Nicola
Unknown said…
Wow....they have already changed so much since they were here in August. Thanks for doing such a great job blogging, at least I can still feel like I am experiencing them grow up, despite being so far away. The pics are adorable. I miss you guys all soooo much!

Love you!

Popular posts from this blog

They are here. They are really really here!!!

It was a cool day. Almost too cold. The kind of cold that makes you rethink your very existence.... Boy. I am waaaay to tired for that. So I will give you the un-dramatic version. So, we are getting bombarded with requests for an update and pictures. So I will oblige and provide you with all the gory details. Actually, there are no gory details. In what can only be described as an amazing answer to many prayers, the new Mooney babies were brought into this world with no problems what so ever. We entered the hospital at 10:00 in the morning and were taken to the surgery room around 12:00 noon. At exactly 12:38, the first baby, Dylan Michael was born weighing in at 6 pounds even. Then, also at 12:38, Evan Timothy also charged into the world weighing in at 5.2 pounds. Then, at 12:39 Liam David was born weighing 4.8 pounds. For those of you good at math, that is a whopping 16 pounds worth of babies. 16 POUNDS!!! And even though them just being born at 36 weeks and 5 days isn

And the final answer is....

Well, thank you all for your guesses. I found them interesting. I had one person guess 4 babies. I don't let him come to our blog anymore. Well, after 5 months of waiting, we have had the ultrasound and we now know what the gender is for each of the wee little gaffers. If you want to see, click the link below. The link should open up a new window so don't be scared. Click Here To See What We Are Having Now that is done, here are my thoughts. WARNING SPOILER BELOW. I am going to hide the text so as to not give anything away to those who do not want to know. If you want to see the text, you need to highlight it. For those of you who don't know how to do this, I recommend you just turn off your computer and find another hobby. Computer's aren't for you. Click and hold Mouse button here then drag your mouse to the end of the post. Congratulations on finding the secret message. So, we found out what they are at the "OH CRAP" Clinic on Thursday. We now c

The 2 Week Wait is Over

The waiting is finally over. Today was the day - after 2 long weeks of waiting - that I went for my official pregnancy test at the dr.'s office. I had done a couple of Home Pregnancy Tests so I pretty much knew what to expect. I have been praying constantly, as have many of you out there (thank you so much for that). Well, God heard all of us and we are happy to report that the test came back positive. We are really happy but also very cautious . It was only 5 months ago today that we lost our pregnancy at 5 1/2 weeks. We are going to just continue praying that God will watch over this pregnancy and that a healthy baby will be born. We give Thanks to God !