Skip to main content

Our hearts our broken

Our hearts are broken. We have shared every moment of this journey to have another baby with everyone so I guess it is necessary to update everyone on what has happened. We have lost the pregnancy. I miscarried yesterday. I am shocked that we are having to add this to our list of struggles in fertility. I sort of feel like saying 'seriously? are you kidding? Is this really happening to us on top of everything else? Why give us any hope in the first place? Why make us think we have finally had a successful embryo transfer for one week? What was that about? What was the point of that?' If I wrote down all the questions I have you would never be done reading this. I'm sure you could read all about them in the 'how to understand a friend who has had a miscarriage' tips... As far as how we are doing - we are so sad for this life that was lost. I am estimated to have been at about 5 1/2 weeks. That's almost 4 weeks that the babies (they suspect, by my hormone levels that there were two) were growing, developing. I was feeling sick and I was feeling tired and now I just don't anymore. Just like that. The suddenness is hard to accept. It really feels like I am dreaming. I have to be dreaming this. This CANNOT be real. But it is. And I know it is.

And I'm tired. It was november last year when we decided to call the clinic and be put back on the wait list. We had 2 embryos transferred in february, then two in june and now these two little babies this past month. I have spent the year waiting, hoping, doping, crying and hurting. It's been the hardest year of my life and I am SO TIRED.

I can't end there though because I am not that kind of person. I wallow and then I kick myself in the butt and then I go around that circle again.

SO yes we are grateful for the life that we do have. Our lives are fantastic. We are healthy. Caden is our sunshine - he is our miracle and the love that I am filled with for him is indescribable. That he exists at all is absolutely amazing. He's the best gift possible. I just can't express what it means to us to have him in our lives. He got a lot of hugs and kisses yesterday that is for sure.

I spent some time looking for scriptures to help us. I'm reminded that God cares. I can focus on everything that sucks about this or I can think - What if this is the last week of my life? Should I sit here wallowing? There was an Oprah on this past week - the day before this happened - that aired the lecture of the professor from Carnegie Mellom university. You may have heard of it. He is dying. Has a few months to live and is chosing to live well. To live healthy and productively. I can hardly whine under the memory of that man. You can download the lecture if you want. SO - I am sad but I also know it is our choice how to handle this and what thoughts to allow ourselves to think. ya - I don't think it is fair but who has had a life that they would describe that way? That's not the point. The point is loving people, loving God and this is the time that shows if we really trust Him or not. So - I will do my best to choose to see the sunshine and look forward with hope that we will still have another baby one day.

Comments

Unknown said…
I love you guys, and am sad for you....I have you in my thoughts and prayers right now!!!
Anonymous said…
Jen,

I am so sorry for your loss. I just can't imagine what you must be going through right now. I have always known you to be so strong and faithful and that is how you sound in your post. I continue to be amazed at your spirit. I will be thinking and praying for you guys until you are once again blessed with another child.

Love You
Tara
Anonymous said…
We are so terribly sorry to hear of your loss once again. May you find strength in this time of darkness. We'll be praying for both of you. Crystal
Carolyn said…
Many thoughts and prayers to all of you from Mexico. I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your babies. Asking God to give you strength, comfort, peace and faith in the days and weeks ahead.

With love,
Carolyn (Wiebe) Brednich
Anonymous said…
My heart is grieving with you. May your comfort come from the God of all comfort. Love Ellen
Bonnie said…
Oh I am so sorry for your broken heart and loss. What a lovely woman you are to have such maturity in this post through your sadness Jenn. I know God is big enough to help you through this burden, but I sure wish you didn't have to. I will be praying for you both, and our hearts are with you. Love to you!
Nicola said…
Thanks for sharing your heart in this post, Jen. We have been thinking about you lots and praying for you.
Love, Nic and James
cy said…
We are so sorry for your loss. We will continue to pray for you.

Love Kristi
Anonymous said…
Jen and Justin, You are in our hearts and we ache for your loss. We are praying for strength and courage to keep on keeping on. Love you both, LaWanda and all

Popular posts from this blog

They are here. They are really really here!!!

It was a cool day. Almost too cold. The kind of cold that makes you rethink your very existence.... Boy. I am waaaay to tired for that. So I will give you the un-dramatic version. So, we are getting bombarded with requests for an update and pictures. So I will oblige and provide you with all the gory details. Actually, there are no gory details. In what can only be described as an amazing answer to many prayers, the new Mooney babies were brought into this world with no problems what so ever. We entered the hospital at 10:00 in the morning and were taken to the surgery room around 12:00 noon. At exactly 12:38, the first baby, Dylan Michael was born weighing in at 6 pounds even. Then, also at 12:38, Evan Timothy also charged into the world weighing in at 5.2 pounds. Then, at 12:39 Liam David was born weighing 4.8 pounds. For those of you good at math, that is a whopping 16 pounds worth of babies. 16 POUNDS!!! And even though them just being born at 36 weeks and 5 days isn

And the final answer is....

Well, thank you all for your guesses. I found them interesting. I had one person guess 4 babies. I don't let him come to our blog anymore. Well, after 5 months of waiting, we have had the ultrasound and we now know what the gender is for each of the wee little gaffers. If you want to see, click the link below. The link should open up a new window so don't be scared. Click Here To See What We Are Having Now that is done, here are my thoughts. WARNING SPOILER BELOW. I am going to hide the text so as to not give anything away to those who do not want to know. If you want to see the text, you need to highlight it. For those of you who don't know how to do this, I recommend you just turn off your computer and find another hobby. Computer's aren't for you. Click and hold Mouse button here then drag your mouse to the end of the post. Congratulations on finding the secret message. So, we found out what they are at the "OH CRAP" Clinic on Thursday. We now c

The 2 Week Wait is Over

The waiting is finally over. Today was the day - after 2 long weeks of waiting - that I went for my official pregnancy test at the dr.'s office. I had done a couple of Home Pregnancy Tests so I pretty much knew what to expect. I have been praying constantly, as have many of you out there (thank you so much for that). Well, God heard all of us and we are happy to report that the test came back positive. We are really happy but also very cautious . It was only 5 months ago today that we lost our pregnancy at 5 1/2 weeks. We are going to just continue praying that God will watch over this pregnancy and that a healthy baby will be born. We give Thanks to God !