Skip to main content

From my mind of sludge


I'm venting a little today. We haven't slept since we got back from Saskatoon 10 days ago. And it is getting to me. How many days am I expected to go and still function as if everything is normal? How long do I have to keep doing what I do? Forever? Ah, yes, that is the answer for all mothers isn't it? Although the dad in this house hasn't slept either. He has to stare at a computer screen all day now. Ugh.

Last night was tops though. You won't believe it. Caden woke up at 330 because he had a bad dream. We settled him down and went back to bed. 2 minutes later, just as we've warmed back up under our covers, he calls out again. We take him to the bathroom this time just to be on the safe side. While that is happening, due to the sound and the light, Evan wakes up crying. I give him a soother, we put Caden back to bed and lie in our bed - hoping that is the end of it. A few minutes later Caden calls out again. This happens periodically for the next hour but it's not really his fault. How is he supposed to sleep when his brother is screaming in the next room? Yup - Evan and Caden were awake from 330 - 515ish. And so were we. We finally feel the peace descend on the upper floor of our house and by 533, I'm starting to settle down and believe that they may actually be asleep this time. Anyone want to guess what time Liam decided to get up for the day? ...
The answer is 540. I had 7 minutes. I had to keep him quiet so that everyone else could get a little more sleep and by 715, everyone was up except Dylan. As a matter of fact, it's been 12 hours since we put Dylan to bed and he is still asleep. What a great kid !! :)

My body feels like sludge, not to mention my brain. And yet everyone still needs to be dressed, fed and loved - all day long. So moms out there - help me - how in the world do you do this? What did I miss? How do you not completely melt down at the impossibility of doing this well? How do you just keep doing and doing and doing? And I don't even have a job to fit in here. Wow - I am humbled by all the moms out there that keep that smile on their face and who have kids that are all well adjusted and happy. And if there is some secret - let me in on it kay?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Jen,
I can relate to your tiredness. Dawson gave us a run for our money and didn't let us sleep for about two months. I wasn't sure Darcy and I were going to make it - it's hard when you're both running on empty. It will pass and your kids will sleep again - once you can sleep you will be able to cope. I don't have much advice, just sympathy, but it does get better. Don't put too much stress on yourself and only do what you are capable of. Hang in there!
Hope
Anonymous said…
You see the thing is everyone thinks everyone else does it "well" or "better", but the truth is we all have our moments.

I spent many days in pyjamas and so did my kids and on the those icky days when I happened to have had to put a kid back to bed with nightmares and then hold a head while the gorged their guts out, the TV helped out, so that I had a little peace for a two minute nap. Oh and then there were all those times I didn't get any laundry or cleaning done and then we swallowed whatever was fastest...microwaved potatoes anyone...ravioli...mac and cheese?? And all that was with two kids 2 and under...you are 4 kids 3 and under...don't pressure yourself to be super mom...because you don't need to be!! In your kids eyes you will always be fantastic!! Being a mom does not equal perfection!!

Ok I am done now. heehee.

What can I say, sludge happens. Roll with it.

Love you guys!

Trinda

Popular posts from this blog

They are here. They are really really here!!!

It was a cool day. Almost too cold. The kind of cold that makes you rethink your very existence.... Boy. I am waaaay to tired for that. So I will give you the un-dramatic version. So, we are getting bombarded with requests for an update and pictures. So I will oblige and provide you with all the gory details. Actually, there are no gory details. In what can only be described as an amazing answer to many prayers, the new Mooney babies were brought into this world with no problems what so ever. We entered the hospital at 10:00 in the morning and were taken to the surgery room around 12:00 noon. At exactly 12:38, the first baby, Dylan Michael was born weighing in at 6 pounds even. Then, also at 12:38, Evan Timothy also charged into the world weighing in at 5.2 pounds. Then, at 12:39 Liam David was born weighing 4.8 pounds. For those of you good at math, that is a whopping 16 pounds worth of babies. 16 POUNDS!!! And even though them just being born at 36 weeks and 5 days isn

And the final answer is....

Well, thank you all for your guesses. I found them interesting. I had one person guess 4 babies. I don't let him come to our blog anymore. Well, after 5 months of waiting, we have had the ultrasound and we now know what the gender is for each of the wee little gaffers. If you want to see, click the link below. The link should open up a new window so don't be scared. Click Here To See What We Are Having Now that is done, here are my thoughts. WARNING SPOILER BELOW. I am going to hide the text so as to not give anything away to those who do not want to know. If you want to see the text, you need to highlight it. For those of you who don't know how to do this, I recommend you just turn off your computer and find another hobby. Computer's aren't for you. Click and hold Mouse button here then drag your mouse to the end of the post. Congratulations on finding the secret message. So, we found out what they are at the "OH CRAP" Clinic on Thursday. We now c

The 2 Week Wait is Over

The waiting is finally over. Today was the day - after 2 long weeks of waiting - that I went for my official pregnancy test at the dr.'s office. I had done a couple of Home Pregnancy Tests so I pretty much knew what to expect. I have been praying constantly, as have many of you out there (thank you so much for that). Well, God heard all of us and we are happy to report that the test came back positive. We are really happy but also very cautious . It was only 5 months ago today that we lost our pregnancy at 5 1/2 weeks. We are going to just continue praying that God will watch over this pregnancy and that a healthy baby will be born. We give Thanks to God !