Skip to main content

We got one!!

So, it's September. I'm not sure what I think of that but it doesn't really matter does it? It's been rainy and cool and I'm kind of excited to dig out my fall decorations. I'm going to wait but I guess that just means I'm ready for the coziness and calmness of fall.

We had a pretty good long weekend. I felt good some of the time, not too hot at other times but nothing out of the ordinary. We got a few things done around the house, we relaxed a bit, spent time with Caden. But what I'm really excited about is that we picked a name! YAHOO. We won't be sharing that til the babies are here but I was pretty happy to have gotten that far finally. Only two more to go. And we have a list to narrow down from. I can't believe how hard it is.

I watched Jon and Kate plus 8 last night. It was the one where they go back to the hospital where the sextuplets were born. She was a little emotional about being back there and she said that that was probably the most momentous time in their lives and I couldn't help but think that is also true for us. Obviously it's not the same as having 6 babies at once - YIKES! But, this is a pretty intense time and when our turn comes to go into the hospital and bring these babies into the world, it is going to be indescribable. I still can't really believe this is actually happening.

The babies move all the time which I love even though I can't breathe or sleep :). I see the dr. again tomorrow. We are down to going every two weeks now. He still hasn't officially put me on bedrest yet. He just tells me to take it as easy as I possibly can. So - I try. But I'm glad that I can still go out and go to church and just see people out there. I think I'd lose my mind otherwise. One day goes by where I don't go outside and I make Justin take us for a drive just to get out of the house. And that's one day! It's also nice that I'm still able to take care of Caden. We don't get to do much during the day but at least we're together.


Comments

Anonymous said…
I am so glad to hear that you are still doing so well! Congrats on getting a name picked, it makes a big difference just to have a list to narrow down from! Have you decided which baby gets the name you chose? How does that work?!
Take care and continue to take it easy!
Vicki
Anonymous said…
I was wondering the same thing! Glad all is well and that you don't have to be on bedrest yet. I can't believe how fast things are going (well at least for me) it's a VERY exciting time, we continue to pray for you three. Bye for now. CQ
Anonymous said…
My girlfriend who had twins had two names picked out and the first one to be born got the first name alphabetically. She always calls them in their alphabetical order too - to not show favorites! Glad you picked a name... can't wait to hear it!
Nicola

Popular posts from this blog

They are here. They are really really here!!!

It was a cool day. Almost too cold. The kind of cold that makes you rethink your very existence.... Boy. I am waaaay to tired for that. So I will give you the un-dramatic version. So, we are getting bombarded with requests for an update and pictures. So I will oblige and provide you with all the gory details. Actually, there are no gory details. In what can only be described as an amazing answer to many prayers, the new Mooney babies were brought into this world with no problems what so ever. We entered the hospital at 10:00 in the morning and were taken to the surgery room around 12:00 noon. At exactly 12:38, the first baby, Dylan Michael was born weighing in at 6 pounds even. Then, also at 12:38, Evan Timothy also charged into the world weighing in at 5.2 pounds. Then, at 12:39 Liam David was born weighing 4.8 pounds. For those of you good at math, that is a whopping 16 pounds worth of babies. 16 POUNDS!!! And even though them just being born at 36 weeks and 5 days isn

And the final answer is....

Well, thank you all for your guesses. I found them interesting. I had one person guess 4 babies. I don't let him come to our blog anymore. Well, after 5 months of waiting, we have had the ultrasound and we now know what the gender is for each of the wee little gaffers. If you want to see, click the link below. The link should open up a new window so don't be scared. Click Here To See What We Are Having Now that is done, here are my thoughts. WARNING SPOILER BELOW. I am going to hide the text so as to not give anything away to those who do not want to know. If you want to see the text, you need to highlight it. For those of you who don't know how to do this, I recommend you just turn off your computer and find another hobby. Computer's aren't for you. Click and hold Mouse button here then drag your mouse to the end of the post. Congratulations on finding the secret message. So, we found out what they are at the "OH CRAP" Clinic on Thursday. We now c

The 2 Week Wait is Over

The waiting is finally over. Today was the day - after 2 long weeks of waiting - that I went for my official pregnancy test at the dr.'s office. I had done a couple of Home Pregnancy Tests so I pretty much knew what to expect. I have been praying constantly, as have many of you out there (thank you so much for that). Well, God heard all of us and we are happy to report that the test came back positive. We are really happy but also very cautious . It was only 5 months ago today that we lost our pregnancy at 5 1/2 weeks. We are going to just continue praying that God will watch over this pregnancy and that a healthy baby will be born. We give Thanks to God !