Skip to main content

Our longest blog yet.. and the babies first time swimming

We just spent a few days in Estevan and had SO much fun. I didn't take nearly enough pictures. We went to my aunt's 60th birthday party where Caden was able to run around in the dirt with some other kids and get completely all over, wonderfully filthy. Summer and kids are a great mix! We also spent lots of time with my family - but no pictures! We went to the park with Vicki and Mason and Devin - and again no pictures!! Here are a few pictures from when we went over to the Pippus' place. The first few are from my camera but then it died so I would have had no pics of that either. Thank you Sara for documenting the fun and specifically the babies' first swimming experience!!


Here are Sara and Megan with the babies

Water fight #1 - Justin and Katelyn


oh - and Caden :)


Dylan on a blanket - this always ends with grass everywhere


Is this a happy baby or what!!

Then came pool time. We just started out dipping the babies legs in the pool but since they seemed to like it so much we went all out. I had brought little swimming trunks and everything but not their swim diapers!! So much for being organized.

That's Megan and Evan in the back and Katie and Dylan in the front. Both boys seemed to really like the pool. They kicked and splashed. I am so happy they've finally gone swimming. It's been impossible for me to take them. Even for me and Justin to take all 4 would be too difficult. So - this worked out perfectly.


Check out that diaper! Yikes.

You are probably wondering about Liam by now. Yes we still have 3 babies. But no we do not have three little fish. This is Liam contemplating the water. You can see that he's already pretty skeptical.
...and complete terror. He just screamed and screamed. He HATED it. I should point out that we aren't holding him close. We are just setting him in. Next time we'll cuddle him close so that he feels safer and warmer. This is how Liam reacted to baths for his first month or so. Not a big water fan, so far anyway.

Here is a much happier Liam now that he is away
from the water and warmed back up in the towel.
on a blanket with a beverage. That's my boy :)

Back to the pool now...

Caden really liked a chance to swim as well. He was a little nervous about things at first but he made himself try it and then had fun doing it. I thought the willingness to try but the cautiousness with which he tried seemed like a good balance that I hope he holds onto. Don't not do things but be careful. That's what a mom likes to hear!!

He rode the whale...

..floated around..

..balanced and tipped..

and jumped.

Time to get out.
Tim and Dylan

Water fight #2. Justin has a thing with guns. Has anyone noticed?


Sara and Caden are his prey this time. Or is he theirs?
This gun that Sara has is Cadens. It has a backpack for water. It is way too heavy for Caden so someone else has to carry it for him. You'd think that that would make them safe to the other person. Not so. This just made you a weaponless sitting duck.

Sara & Justin

Dry and happy - E & D

Another first - watermelon

Caden with his watermelon
Ok - I know - this is getting long. But remember. I haven't blogged for a week! :) Ok - now we are back at my parents' and trying some more watermelon.

Dylan liked it and fed himself some but mostly made a fun mess.

Evan was not too sure about this


Liam and Evan hanging out at grandma and grandpa's. I think they like it here!



Well, that's the end - finally. I bet you are glad that I didn't have more pictures :). It was a great time away and there were some firsts for the kids which was fun. Dylan is crawling even faster than before and Evan is getting a little more active. They are all just growing and growing. Caden is becoming more little boy and less toddler all the time. He comes up with the greatest lines. I'll post some another day. I don't want to forget some of them. so, till next time....

Comments

TKP said…
Seems like Estevan is THE MOST fun place to be!!! Did I mention that the house beside us is for sale??? :)

Popular posts from this blog

They are here. They are really really here!!!

It was a cool day. Almost too cold. The kind of cold that makes you rethink your very existence.... Boy. I am waaaay to tired for that. So I will give you the un-dramatic version. So, we are getting bombarded with requests for an update and pictures. So I will oblige and provide you with all the gory details. Actually, there are no gory details. In what can only be described as an amazing answer to many prayers, the new Mooney babies were brought into this world with no problems what so ever. We entered the hospital at 10:00 in the morning and were taken to the surgery room around 12:00 noon. At exactly 12:38, the first baby, Dylan Michael was born weighing in at 6 pounds even. Then, also at 12:38, Evan Timothy also charged into the world weighing in at 5.2 pounds. Then, at 12:39 Liam David was born weighing 4.8 pounds. For those of you good at math, that is a whopping 16 pounds worth of babies. 16 POUNDS!!! And even though them just being born at 36 weeks and 5 days isn

And the final answer is....

Well, thank you all for your guesses. I found them interesting. I had one person guess 4 babies. I don't let him come to our blog anymore. Well, after 5 months of waiting, we have had the ultrasound and we now know what the gender is for each of the wee little gaffers. If you want to see, click the link below. The link should open up a new window so don't be scared. Click Here To See What We Are Having Now that is done, here are my thoughts. WARNING SPOILER BELOW. I am going to hide the text so as to not give anything away to those who do not want to know. If you want to see the text, you need to highlight it. For those of you who don't know how to do this, I recommend you just turn off your computer and find another hobby. Computer's aren't for you. Click and hold Mouse button here then drag your mouse to the end of the post. Congratulations on finding the secret message. So, we found out what they are at the "OH CRAP" Clinic on Thursday. We now c

The 2 Week Wait is Over

The waiting is finally over. Today was the day - after 2 long weeks of waiting - that I went for my official pregnancy test at the dr.'s office. I had done a couple of Home Pregnancy Tests so I pretty much knew what to expect. I have been praying constantly, as have many of you out there (thank you so much for that). Well, God heard all of us and we are happy to report that the test came back positive. We are really happy but also very cautious . It was only 5 months ago today that we lost our pregnancy at 5 1/2 weeks. We are going to just continue praying that God will watch over this pregnancy and that a healthy baby will be born. We give Thanks to God !