Skip to main content

Life is what you make it!

What to name this blog? That was the question. It could have been many things, such as:

- Am I nuts?
- A first for momma
- lovin' the sunshine
- happy 10 month birthday my baby boys!!
- the last hoorah of summer

and on and on.

I chose the title that I ended up with because it was the most appropriate for today. I woke up,, if you call it waking up when you've already been up all night, grouchy! Grrr. And on Justin's night too. I hadn't slept much all week and was pretty annoyed about it. My thought in the morning when the kids wouldn't stop whining and wouldn't eat without making a mess and I was already SO tired was this "this is the day the Lord has made, rejoice and be glad in it" and I thought 'I want to punch that verse in the face'. Not great I know. Let's call it a major low :).

Anyway - I kept thinking about how I was in charge of my life and it was my decision on how to look at things and how to BE. And I told myself to stop complaining!!

Then, a little later in the morning, as I was trying to rest on the couch while the babies slept (they didn't really nap well after all) and Caden was watching tv, Caden says "let's get slurpees today". I thought that sounded fun and we had better enjoy this weather while we've got it. So, somewhere along the way I decided that I could handle taking all the kids out, on my own. WHAT!! This is where the "Am I nuts" fits. Anyway, Caden agreed that he would help push Liam in his stroller so that we could go feed the geese at Wascana. So - that's what we did!

After lunch and after packing up a bunch of stuff, including Caden's trunks and a towel, just in case the spray park was still open, we loaded up the van with kids. One carseat at a time. They are very heavy babies!!

Anyway - we did it and had a wonderful time! Here are some pictures:

The kids at Wascana Park. We parked really close to a spot where there were geese and I pushed the big stroller and Caden pushed the little one. He only ditched him to run and get some rocks once :).

So we got to feed the geese! We have been talking about this and saving up bread, all summer!! Caden had fun and that was the point!

Once we were done with the geese we decided to see if the water at the spray park was on. It was!! YAY. Again, we parked as close as we could to the park and loaded up the stroller. I knew Caden wouldn't be able to push Liam through the grass so I decided to carry one baby while pushing the stroller with two other babies, the diaper bag, Caden's swim stuff and our big blanket! :) We made it, slowly but surely! I finally just went and laid Liam down on the blanket and went back for the stroller. Don't worry, it was in sight the whole time.
Dylan was thrilled to be out. Well, they all were but Dylan really made the most of it. Here he is sitting....
The other two were checking out the baby girl sitting near us. Just typical boys at the park :)
And off he goes. He took off every chance he got and put stuff in his mouth every chance he got. I'm so glad that all 3 aren't equally adventurous.
See ya!
Caden had a blast in the water. There's a benefit of not being in school yet. Everyone else is so we get our city back to ourselves again! Love it!


Babies with their bottles, all in a row, and staying put for a couple of minutes anyway.

Caden did end up making a couple of friends there. He loves to make friends wherever he goes - whether they like it or not :)

Liam checking out the water.

This is what Dylan was doing while Evan sat in the water for a minute. Never still this one!!
Evan checking out the water.

Since Dylan wouldn't stay safely in the stroller (he was buckled in by the way!) and wait his turn I got him out and he played in the water a bit too...
Then we headed over to the play park side. Evan loved the swing. He laughed and laughed. It was pretty cute.
Evan and Dylan - Dylan stayed in the swing at least. This way, he was contained and I knew where he was - oh, and he wasn't eating strange things off the ground!

Liam's turn. yep - there were only two baby swings so one baby had to wait in the stroller for his turn.
Caden on the teeter totter. He wanted someone to go on with him...
Dylan was happy to give it a try and he even hung on by himself.

Caden on the swings. He was excited that he has figured out pumping his legs to go higher.
Dylan, not putting this stick in his mouth, because his mom realized that he was less likely to do that if he had a soother in his mouth. Where was my brain on that one? Oh well, better late than never!
And off he goes again....

So that was our afternoon. We got all packed up and decided to go and get that slurpee. We picked Justin up from work and he did his coffee break with us. It was fun. Once we got home we had supper and then headed out again! There were a few hours in between but it was nice to go out for a walk in the evening. Kept the babies happy ( a lot less whining when we are outside! - just like their momma!) and Justin and I got to visit a bit and Caden got to ride his bike. I felt just fantastic by this time. I had rejoiced and been glad in this day :). Caden got to feed the geese, play at the play ground and the spray park, ride his bike and get a slurpee. Not a bad day for a 3 yr. old. I actually felt good about his day for a change.

When we got home all 4 kids had their baths and snack and went to bed. I started getting ready for bed but then I remembered that i needed to go out and get a few things from Walmart - so out I went again. Grabbed a few things (and a few extra things - ya gotta have some fall decorations ya know!) and came home.

What a day! It was full and fun and sunny and just so so good. Ya know those days? I'm so glad that I didn't just feel sorry for myself and sit in the house. I challenged myself to try something and because my kids are so great I was able to do it and we all enjoyed it. I thank God for the gift of this day!

Oh, and you might find this interesting...
Except for Liam needing a soother at 1:30am, the kids all slept from 8 - 5:30ish. That is a really good night for us and I feel great this morning.

So, all I need to do every day is..... Ya - not going to happen :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh Jen, I miss you! :) AMY
Laurie said…
You are an AWESOME mom!!!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous said…
Have you tried putting the babies back to back in those baby swings. It works great till they around a year and then they start getting a little big. I have lots of pic of my twins in the same swing enjoying themselves
maggiesmama said…
I was going to say the same thing. The boys are about 25 pounds each and we put them in the same swing back to back. They love it.

Popular posts from this blog

They are here. They are really really here!!!

It was a cool day. Almost too cold. The kind of cold that makes you rethink your very existence.... Boy. I am waaaay to tired for that. So I will give you the un-dramatic version. So, we are getting bombarded with requests for an update and pictures. So I will oblige and provide you with all the gory details. Actually, there are no gory details. In what can only be described as an amazing answer to many prayers, the new Mooney babies were brought into this world with no problems what so ever. We entered the hospital at 10:00 in the morning and were taken to the surgery room around 12:00 noon. At exactly 12:38, the first baby, Dylan Michael was born weighing in at 6 pounds even. Then, also at 12:38, Evan Timothy also charged into the world weighing in at 5.2 pounds. Then, at 12:39 Liam David was born weighing 4.8 pounds. For those of you good at math, that is a whopping 16 pounds worth of babies. 16 POUNDS!!! And even though them just being born at 36 weeks and 5 days isn

And the final answer is....

Well, thank you all for your guesses. I found them interesting. I had one person guess 4 babies. I don't let him come to our blog anymore. Well, after 5 months of waiting, we have had the ultrasound and we now know what the gender is for each of the wee little gaffers. If you want to see, click the link below. The link should open up a new window so don't be scared. Click Here To See What We Are Having Now that is done, here are my thoughts. WARNING SPOILER BELOW. I am going to hide the text so as to not give anything away to those who do not want to know. If you want to see the text, you need to highlight it. For those of you who don't know how to do this, I recommend you just turn off your computer and find another hobby. Computer's aren't for you. Click and hold Mouse button here then drag your mouse to the end of the post. Congratulations on finding the secret message. So, we found out what they are at the "OH CRAP" Clinic on Thursday. We now c

The 2 Week Wait is Over

The waiting is finally over. Today was the day - after 2 long weeks of waiting - that I went for my official pregnancy test at the dr.'s office. I had done a couple of Home Pregnancy Tests so I pretty much knew what to expect. I have been praying constantly, as have many of you out there (thank you so much for that). Well, God heard all of us and we are happy to report that the test came back positive. We are really happy but also very cautious . It was only 5 months ago today that we lost our pregnancy at 5 1/2 weeks. We are going to just continue praying that God will watch over this pregnancy and that a healthy baby will be born. We give Thanks to God !