Skip to main content

Keepin' it comin'

As the new year was creeping towards me, I was trying to think of ways to simplify my life. I thought that pulling back from this blog would give me back a little of my time. Almost as soon as I started to think that, a few people thanked us for keeping it up and reminded me of why I do it in the first place - it really is helping people, especially family that we don't see very often, to keep up with our lives and to know the kids better than they would otherwise. So, in the end I decided that it is a worthwhile use of my time. So I guess the updates and little blurbs about our lives will keep coming.

Let's start with how we rang in the New Year - with one of my favorite things - spending time with friends. Rolland was here to do a wedding and so their family of 6 hung out with our family of 6 and it was a fantastic time. You'd think it would be chaotic but it really wasn't. The kids had fun together. The girls helped out so much - they are really great kids.


Kaelie has got Dylan mesmerized. He never holds this still!
Kaelie feeding Dylan his snack.

Emily feeding Liam
Emily cuddling Liam. Liam has another fan!
Dylan and Sydnie

The guys fighting to the death. Now we know who causes the chaos in this house!
Isaac getting right into it too!
The kids just keep growing and getting busier and busier. Liam and Dylan have mastered walking and are now running and climbing everywhere. Well, Dylan is climbing and Liam is wanting to. It won't be long before he is too. Although I'm not so sure that either Liam or Evan will be quite like Dylan. He's something else with the constant climbing and going from thing to thing.

Evan is definitely wanting to walk. He will stand a little now but still gets nervous about it. He's not ready to take steps on his own yet but he was pretty happy with himself when he did stand. So cute.


Dylan climbing. What can I tell you - he climbs on anything and everything, all the time. He really doesn't do anything else. Here, we had a toy next to the couch so he'd climb it and then onto the couch and Justin would slide him back off again and around and around he'd go.



And here he just climbed up onto the activity table and was free standing. He did that a few times too. We have no chairs around our table. If we forget and leave one there - he is instantly on the table. He has a sense for when things are there that he can get into. We have to make sure not to put anything next to something that he can climb on. We have latches on every single cupboard or he'd have everything pulled out and all over. He's extraordinarily busy compared to his brothers. I have to admit - it's exhausting and I sometimes look too forward to his nap. I can't help it - that's the truth of it.


Also to ring in the new year - Evan was up for an hour in the middle of the night. Then Liam woke up and needed help getting settled and then Dylan was up. It was a weird start to 2010. Felt like a bad omen to me. I got four hours of sleep that night. Friday night was much better and I got lots of sleep that night thankfully (it was my night off). Then last night Evan was up for almost 2 hours from 1230 - 230. Dylan woke up at 530 but then went back to sleep and then Liam was up for the day at 7. I got just over 3 hours sleep. I thought that this would be over by now. I'm a little frustrated and not really sure what to do. Sometimes when we let him cry it out, he goes to sleep in just a few minutes but then last night he was screaming like something was really wrong so I didn't want to ignore that. I'm at a loss. Oh well. I should just plan to never sleep through the night again. Then when I do - it'll be like a treat! :)

Comments

JJM said…
Now you're awake in the night because the boys are awake. In a couple of years you'll be awake in the night trying to figure out how you're gonna satisfy their insatiable little minds and bellies...and then they get their drivers licenses and you'll be awake in the night waiting for them to get home safely from their games, activities and travels...so I guess your plan to never again sleep all night is not too far off...good luck!!! You're still gonna miss this!
Laurie said…
It was a fun time!! You have some great pics!! :) :)

Don't give up the blog to simplify your life.....sometimes it is a good outlet for you too! :)
Brandi said…
josh and i love your updates...and pics of you guys and the boys! even if it's only a quick update, please don't stop!!
Anonymous said…
This is an awesome way to journal your children..you'll cherish this when they are grown up! Sharon Parker

Popular posts from this blog

They are here. They are really really here!!!

It was a cool day. Almost too cold. The kind of cold that makes you rethink your very existence.... Boy. I am waaaay to tired for that. So I will give you the un-dramatic version. So, we are getting bombarded with requests for an update and pictures. So I will oblige and provide you with all the gory details. Actually, there are no gory details. In what can only be described as an amazing answer to many prayers, the new Mooney babies were brought into this world with no problems what so ever. We entered the hospital at 10:00 in the morning and were taken to the surgery room around 12:00 noon. At exactly 12:38, the first baby, Dylan Michael was born weighing in at 6 pounds even. Then, also at 12:38, Evan Timothy also charged into the world weighing in at 5.2 pounds. Then, at 12:39 Liam David was born weighing 4.8 pounds. For those of you good at math, that is a whopping 16 pounds worth of babies. 16 POUNDS!!! And even though them just being born at 36 weeks and 5 days isn

And the final answer is....

Well, thank you all for your guesses. I found them interesting. I had one person guess 4 babies. I don't let him come to our blog anymore. Well, after 5 months of waiting, we have had the ultrasound and we now know what the gender is for each of the wee little gaffers. If you want to see, click the link below. The link should open up a new window so don't be scared. Click Here To See What We Are Having Now that is done, here are my thoughts. WARNING SPOILER BELOW. I am going to hide the text so as to not give anything away to those who do not want to know. If you want to see the text, you need to highlight it. For those of you who don't know how to do this, I recommend you just turn off your computer and find another hobby. Computer's aren't for you. Click and hold Mouse button here then drag your mouse to the end of the post. Congratulations on finding the secret message. So, we found out what they are at the "OH CRAP" Clinic on Thursday. We now c

The 2 Week Wait is Over

The waiting is finally over. Today was the day - after 2 long weeks of waiting - that I went for my official pregnancy test at the dr.'s office. I had done a couple of Home Pregnancy Tests so I pretty much knew what to expect. I have been praying constantly, as have many of you out there (thank you so much for that). Well, God heard all of us and we are happy to report that the test came back positive. We are really happy but also very cautious . It was only 5 months ago today that we lost our pregnancy at 5 1/2 weeks. We are going to just continue praying that God will watch over this pregnancy and that a healthy baby will be born. We give Thanks to God !