Skip to main content

Evan


If Dylan can be described as having a zest for life, I think I would see Evan as being happy just to be alive. Loving Life. He can have a temper, especially when he really wants something that his brother has or when something bugs him, but overall, he is happy about everything and pretty easy going. I have even found him playing alone and giggling to himself. He still likes his alone time or quiet time. I still find him in one of the bedrooms just standing peacefully at the window looking outside. I wonder what he is thinking about? And now that I let the boys go up and down the back stairs, I've even found him just sitting downstairs on the chair, all by himself. As soon as he saw me he gave me a great big smile. He will always give a smile back when someone gives him one. And it's such a fantastic smile too. It uses his whole face and his eyes are all bright and happy.

Happy is just the word that I keep coming back to. He's happy to go outside. He's happy to play with his toys and his brothers. He's feisty though too. He knows what he wants and he'll fight for it. One of the things I really enjoy in my day is the reaction I get when I see Evan across the room or down the hall and I make eye contact with him and give him a smile. He lights right up, gives me that beautiful smile and cruises towards me to throw himself into my arms. AAAAHHHH super sweet.

I love to watch him play. He likes to put things into containers or to just tuck things somewhere. If I find a bunch of blocks in a boot - it was Evan. A pile of cars between the couch cushions - likely Evan. When he is done with his fruit or cheerios he'll put them all into the little built in cupholder in his high chair, all neat and tidy. Other times though he'll just throw them all on the floor - so you never know :)

Speaking of his high chair though - he's not eating much these days. He's pretty picky and I feel bad because I can't be making everybody something different so as long as he has a couple of choices on his plate - that's all he gets. He doesn't seem too upset though and he makes up for it in milk. The other two boys will have a sip and be happy. Evan doesn't usually put down his cup until he has emptied it. The not eating thing hasn't affected his health though. He is as tall as Dylan and really solid. He has a few coordination issues (probably because he walked so much later than the others) but it just adds to his adorableness. He has abs of steel and he's really strong. If he doesn't want to let go of something, he won't. He's still blond and blue eyed as ever. In the past few weeks though a lot of people have been saying that Evan's looks have changed a lot. More than the other two. I can see it. He's getting that little boy look.

Evan LOVES his daddy. He'll follow him around and hug his legs. He sometimes cries when Justin leaves for work in the morning. He climbs up onto his lap every chance he gets. They all do but Evan just a little bit more than the others.

Evan isn't afraid to try new things either. He comes across not so much as daring but as willing to give it a try. He doesn't feel a big need to do it but if he does it (like going down the slide) he laughs and enjoys it totally. Plus if he finds something that he wants to do and he is asked not to do it - he just smiles that smile at you and keeps doing it. Stinker... I also think he looks the most like Caden. Can you see it in this pic?


I love this little boy so much. He's beautiful and has a beautiful spirit. I can't believe that it has already been a year and a half and yet that is hardly any time at all. There is still so much I don't know about him. Who is he going to grow up to be? Whatever it is - he'll probably be happy:)

Comments

Unknown said…
So nice to appreciate their differences! And he really is looking like Caden!

Popular posts from this blog

They are here. They are really really here!!!

It was a cool day. Almost too cold. The kind of cold that makes you rethink your very existence.... Boy. I am waaaay to tired for that. So I will give you the un-dramatic version. So, we are getting bombarded with requests for an update and pictures. So I will oblige and provide you with all the gory details. Actually, there are no gory details. In what can only be described as an amazing answer to many prayers, the new Mooney babies were brought into this world with no problems what so ever. We entered the hospital at 10:00 in the morning and were taken to the surgery room around 12:00 noon. At exactly 12:38, the first baby, Dylan Michael was born weighing in at 6 pounds even. Then, also at 12:38, Evan Timothy also charged into the world weighing in at 5.2 pounds. Then, at 12:39 Liam David was born weighing 4.8 pounds. For those of you good at math, that is a whopping 16 pounds worth of babies. 16 POUNDS!!! And even though them just being born at 36 weeks and 5 days isn

And the final answer is....

Well, thank you all for your guesses. I found them interesting. I had one person guess 4 babies. I don't let him come to our blog anymore. Well, after 5 months of waiting, we have had the ultrasound and we now know what the gender is for each of the wee little gaffers. If you want to see, click the link below. The link should open up a new window so don't be scared. Click Here To See What We Are Having Now that is done, here are my thoughts. WARNING SPOILER BELOW. I am going to hide the text so as to not give anything away to those who do not want to know. If you want to see the text, you need to highlight it. For those of you who don't know how to do this, I recommend you just turn off your computer and find another hobby. Computer's aren't for you. Click and hold Mouse button here then drag your mouse to the end of the post. Congratulations on finding the secret message. So, we found out what they are at the "OH CRAP" Clinic on Thursday. We now c

The 2 Week Wait is Over

The waiting is finally over. Today was the day - after 2 long weeks of waiting - that I went for my official pregnancy test at the dr.'s office. I had done a couple of Home Pregnancy Tests so I pretty much knew what to expect. I have been praying constantly, as have many of you out there (thank you so much for that). Well, God heard all of us and we are happy to report that the test came back positive. We are really happy but also very cautious . It was only 5 months ago today that we lost our pregnancy at 5 1/2 weeks. We are going to just continue praying that God will watch over this pregnancy and that a healthy baby will be born. We give Thanks to God !