Skip to main content

Caden

Caden at almost 2 months old


Almost 4 years later

Caden turns 4 today. I just sat down to write this and as I think about what to say about our oldest son my eyes fill with tears because he means so much to me. I remember being pregnant with him and thinking about what he might be like and who he'll take after. When he was little, just like my other boys, I wondered what he'd be like. I will never forget the way I felt the day he was born. Here was my miracle. In my arms after all the years of waiting and praying. God gave us this beautiful boy and I just love him so so much. I just know I won't do him justice but if you don't already know him, you'll have to spend some time with him and see it for yourself.

Caden is a treasure. He has so much energy and life. He is excited about everything. He loves his social life. I can't believe how often he asks to have his friends over or to go to people's houses. And for his birthday he was asking to invite everyone he could think of. He was disappointed that we couldn't have his big cousins Zack and Jaiden there but was thrilled with all of his other friends that came. He just loves hanging with the big kids. I should point out that sometimes he even asks to go visit people that are my friends. It's not necessarily just people with kids his age.

He would be out somewhere every day if he could be.
I have always been so proud of how he will go to people and be fine to be away from mom and dad. He will miss us but home sickness has never been a problem and if we have someone come to look after the kids, he looks at it like everything else - more people to visit with. He has always gone to bible class and preschool perfectly fine. Speaking of preschool - he is loving that and learning so much. It's at Regina Christian School so between that and church he has been telling me that Jesus died for him and that when he gets scared he doesn't need to because Jesus is his friend. He even told Justin that when Justin pretended to be scared to go under an underpass - "don't be scared dad, Jesus is your friend!". Just last week he was telling me that there should be no killing and no stealing and no lying. Just tells me the things that come to mind.

He is definitely a big conversationalist. He loves to talk about the things he is interested in and about his plans for his day. He's also very vocal about how he is feeling. He states it "I'm having a good day" or "I'm angry at you right now". There is no having to guess about how he is feeling, or why, he tells us all about that too. I hope he will always talk to us. Sometimes I want a break from it but then I think about when he is older and how I'll be begging him to tell me how he is feeling and what is going on in his life.


Caden is a very sweet little guy too. He feels bad for people that are being picked on or are feeling sad. He helps his brothers a lot and gives them hugs or brings them their blankets to cheer them up. One time he and his dad were picking up a few groceries and he saw that they had flowers for sale and he asked his dad if he could get me some. So sweet. And he helps me a lot, especially now that he's gotten a little bigger. He'll go grab something for me or put something away for me. It's really wonderful and I love to tell him how nice it is that he just does those things and doesn't argue with me about it.

He loves to learn. He knows all his letters and tries spelling words. He was never that interested in crafty type things but now is asking to do more of that kind of stuff. He loves to sit and read with us and to do those preschool workbooks. He asks lots of questions and is willing to try new things, albeit cautiously. Makes me think that he'll think before he jumps in life.

His real interests though are many and varied. He is very much into sports. Always wants to play hockey or soccer or basketball or go swimming or something. He's excited to start the outdoor soccer season tomorrow. He also loves cars and trucks and trains, although the train obsession has lessened over this past year.

He is at the age now where he wants to play superhereos. But then he is also always asking to play instruments too; violin, guitar, drums and piano are his most requested ones.

He loves his computer time and his tv time. And just recently he's gotten tired of good ole 'treehouse' channel. He is starting to find it too babyish for him. So funny.

He also likes being outside and riding his bike or going for walks to the park. He'll ask "what fun thing can we do today?". Sometimes he comes up with his own ideas. Like, going bowling or to the grand canyon. And the other day he said he wanted to see a hedgehog. Hmm...

What else can I tell you? He's smart and cute and fun and funny. He likes to make us laugh. The little boys think he's quite hilarious and they follow him around. They love their big brother and he loves them a lot too. He and his dad have their things too. They often wrestle or play swords or else they'll cuddle up on the couch and watch a movie or read some books. And if Caden gets his way these days, they play a racing game on Justin's PS3. It's cute to watch them together.

In some ways I can't believe it's been 4 years already. It is certainly going by fast and I'm so proud of the little guy that he is and I'm looking forward to all the things to come in his life.

Happy 4th Birthday buddy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

They are here. They are really really here!!!

It was a cool day. Almost too cold. The kind of cold that makes you rethink your very existence.... Boy. I am waaaay to tired for that. So I will give you the un-dramatic version. So, we are getting bombarded with requests for an update and pictures. So I will oblige and provide you with all the gory details. Actually, there are no gory details. In what can only be described as an amazing answer to many prayers, the new Mooney babies were brought into this world with no problems what so ever. We entered the hospital at 10:00 in the morning and were taken to the surgery room around 12:00 noon. At exactly 12:38, the first baby, Dylan Michael was born weighing in at 6 pounds even. Then, also at 12:38, Evan Timothy also charged into the world weighing in at 5.2 pounds. Then, at 12:39 Liam David was born weighing 4.8 pounds. For those of you good at math, that is a whopping 16 pounds worth of babies. 16 POUNDS!!! And even though them just being born at 36 weeks and 5 days isn

And the final answer is....

Well, thank you all for your guesses. I found them interesting. I had one person guess 4 babies. I don't let him come to our blog anymore. Well, after 5 months of waiting, we have had the ultrasound and we now know what the gender is for each of the wee little gaffers. If you want to see, click the link below. The link should open up a new window so don't be scared. Click Here To See What We Are Having Now that is done, here are my thoughts. WARNING SPOILER BELOW. I am going to hide the text so as to not give anything away to those who do not want to know. If you want to see the text, you need to highlight it. For those of you who don't know how to do this, I recommend you just turn off your computer and find another hobby. Computer's aren't for you. Click and hold Mouse button here then drag your mouse to the end of the post. Congratulations on finding the secret message. So, we found out what they are at the "OH CRAP" Clinic on Thursday. We now c

The 2 Week Wait is Over

The waiting is finally over. Today was the day - after 2 long weeks of waiting - that I went for my official pregnancy test at the dr.'s office. I had done a couple of Home Pregnancy Tests so I pretty much knew what to expect. I have been praying constantly, as have many of you out there (thank you so much for that). Well, God heard all of us and we are happy to report that the test came back positive. We are really happy but also very cautious . It was only 5 months ago today that we lost our pregnancy at 5 1/2 weeks. We are going to just continue praying that God will watch over this pregnancy and that a healthy baby will be born. We give Thanks to God !