Skip to main content

Congratulations to Dylan....

I am sure you have all been there.  The wife goes out for some much needed relaxing time without the kids and after about an hour or so,  you have to call the wife and tell them one of your kids fell off the table and broke his arm.  Right?  You all know what I am talking about? Right?  Well that is what happened on Monday evening.  Jenny was out having some needed Jenny time and I was at home with the kiddies.  We had finished supper and the kids were running around and playing while I cleaned up from supper and was trying to remove poop out of Evans underwear, when all of a sudden I hear a large bang and Dylan yells like he has been shot.  I think to myself, "Hey, Dylan has been shot."  As it turns out, he wasn't shot but rather he fell off the table.  

I do my comforting pat on the head and tell him it will be all right but he is holding his arm and he won't stop crying.  We try and play some catch but he doesn't lift his arm.  The ball just bounces off his head.  It's then that I think, I wonder if he has hurt something.  After some prodding and poking, I finally come to his arm, the one he was holding and crying about.  It has a strange bump on it and every time he moves he cries and says Ow.  So I figure out that there must be something wrong with his arm.  It's then that I make the dreaded call.  "Hunny, so.... how ya doin'??  Good good, I am glad you are having a relaxing time.   So..... uh.... Dylan fell off the table and broke his arm.  Ya think you are coming home soon??"  I am not even sure if she said anything after that but 15 seconds later she was walking in the door.  Strange as she was at least a couple of miles away at Chapters but never the less the door flies open and she is standing there hugging Dylan.  So we decide that I will take Dylan to the emergency room while she stays home with the other kiddies to make sure they don't fall off the table too.  We get to the hospital a little after 6:00 and we get right in.  I am thinking wow, we are flying.  They are really going to rush us through here and I will be home soon.  Unfortunately, this is the end of the "flying"  We sat in an emergency patient room till 11:00.  That is when we got to go for x-rays.  Good thing I brought a touchpad for Dylan to play with.  Even with one arm he was playing like crazy and telling everyone all about his game whenever anyone came into the room.  He was quite the chatty one.  










Mercifully, at about 10:30, he finally succumbed to his exhaustion and fell asleep.





They ended up wheeling him down to the x-ray room in his bed, did the x-rays and wheeled him back to his room and he never woke up.



It's at this point that I think, we are nearing the end.  We will be out of here in no time.  Wrong again.  We waited for about 40 minutes for a Doctor to come and look at the x-rays and tell us what to do.  He tells us that his arm is in fact broken and he will have to get a cast put on tomorrow.  He will put a splint on for the night and we can go home.  So we wait for another 30 minutes until the Dr comes in and says "Hey, he already has a splint on that will do well so I guess you can go."  Really??  I was there for 6 and a half hours, I spent a total of 10 minutes talking with people.  The nurses ordered the x-ray and nothing else was done.  How frustrating.  I could have walked in, had the nurse order the x-ray and then come home because his arm was already splinted but no....   let's drag this out.

So around 12:30, after I have woken up Dylan and forced his clothes on and carried him to the car we arrived at home.  We gave him some Tylenol and put him in bed, still in his clothes.  We have an appointment just after 11:00 to go and get the cast put on but they said bring a book because it might be awhile.  Don't I know it.

So I will take him down to get him a cast this morning and post some more pictures later.  Through the whole ordeal, Dylan was awesome.  He was chatting everyone up.  One nurse just kept saying over and over again how cute he was.  He was concerned about his brothers who he was calling his best friends and even at 10:30 he didn't want to go to sleep.  I couldn't have asked for a better kid through this.  I just feel sorry for him for having to go through this. So congratulations Dylan on being the first kid in our  Mooney family to break a bone.  We are getting your medal made as we speak.

Thanks for thinking of our family through this.  We appreciate the love.

Justin



Comments

TKP said…
Well - you knew it would happen, right? That is why I love Dylan (unlike Sara - I will declare that I have a favorite)... he is just going no matter what. Poor guy! I feel bad for him and for you guys (you likely did not need the big wait at the hospital or the increased work of dealing with a cast during baths etc for the next 6 weeks)... but it is part of the deal, right? It will be a good story someday (Keep the blog post... you will laugh about it in 10 years from now).

Give the little dude a hug for us and maybe some extra ice cream or something... I know that is supposed to be for when you get tonsils out or something - but ice cream works well on broken arms too. :)

Popular posts from this blog

They are here. They are really really here!!!

It was a cool day. Almost too cold. The kind of cold that makes you rethink your very existence.... Boy. I am waaaay to tired for that. So I will give you the un-dramatic version. So, we are getting bombarded with requests for an update and pictures. So I will oblige and provide you with all the gory details. Actually, there are no gory details. In what can only be described as an amazing answer to many prayers, the new Mooney babies were brought into this world with no problems what so ever. We entered the hospital at 10:00 in the morning and were taken to the surgery room around 12:00 noon. At exactly 12:38, the first baby, Dylan Michael was born weighing in at 6 pounds even. Then, also at 12:38, Evan Timothy also charged into the world weighing in at 5.2 pounds. Then, at 12:39 Liam David was born weighing 4.8 pounds. For those of you good at math, that is a whopping 16 pounds worth of babies. 16 POUNDS!!! And even though them just being born at 36 weeks and 5 days isn

And the final answer is....

Well, thank you all for your guesses. I found them interesting. I had one person guess 4 babies. I don't let him come to our blog anymore. Well, after 5 months of waiting, we have had the ultrasound and we now know what the gender is for each of the wee little gaffers. If you want to see, click the link below. The link should open up a new window so don't be scared. Click Here To See What We Are Having Now that is done, here are my thoughts. WARNING SPOILER BELOW. I am going to hide the text so as to not give anything away to those who do not want to know. If you want to see the text, you need to highlight it. For those of you who don't know how to do this, I recommend you just turn off your computer and find another hobby. Computer's aren't for you. Click and hold Mouse button here then drag your mouse to the end of the post. Congratulations on finding the secret message. So, we found out what they are at the "OH CRAP" Clinic on Thursday. We now c

The 2 Week Wait is Over

The waiting is finally over. Today was the day - after 2 long weeks of waiting - that I went for my official pregnancy test at the dr.'s office. I had done a couple of Home Pregnancy Tests so I pretty much knew what to expect. I have been praying constantly, as have many of you out there (thank you so much for that). Well, God heard all of us and we are happy to report that the test came back positive. We are really happy but also very cautious . It was only 5 months ago today that we lost our pregnancy at 5 1/2 weeks. We are going to just continue praying that God will watch over this pregnancy and that a healthy baby will be born. We give Thanks to God !